As a web publisher, most of my time is spent developing and maintaining “niche” web sites focused on specific audiences, communities, and product categories. “Relevant and Useful” is my web publishing philosophy.
My sites succeed only if they “add value” for consumers and advertisers. My successful web sites provide rich original content (including original news articles and advice, product reviews, product comparisons, buying guides, and annotated directories), with advertising and product information integrated or appended via search results, where appropriate).
My niche web sites contain several forms of advertising, including some traditional “banner and button” ads, text-ad blocks (such as Google AdSense/AdWords), and text links, as well as “product grids” (sometimes using PopShops).
Some Site Examples:
Focus on Web Publishing: From 1996 to 2009, I split my time between work as an internet marketing consultant and a separate role as a web publisher. Since 2010, I have focused primarily on my “Web Publishing” role.
Free Advice: I used to charge merchants thousands of dollars for my advice, but in November 2007 I posted much of my “Affiliate-Program Advice for Merchants” for free.
No DTM-PPC: I no longer run any “direct-to-merchant” Pay-Per-Click Search campaigns. When I use PPC to promote my niche sites (rarely), I never bid on a merchant’s company name or domain name, nor variations, nor on any prohibited trademarks or keywords.
My Affiliate Networks and Merchants:
- I have current-revenue-generating relationships with merchants through ShareASale and Commission Junction, and with several merchants’ in-house affiliate programs (including Amazon.com).
- I currently have no active relationships with merchants who use AvantLink, Google Affiliate Network, Bridaluxe, or LinkConnector, though I am open to such relationships.
- I do not work with LinkShare, PepperJam/GSI, HasOffers, ClickBank, ClickXchange, ClixGalore, ShareResults, or Inuvo (Kowabunga/Kolimbo/Think).
- Email: MarkWelch@MarkWelch.com
- Telephone: (925) 462-8483
- U.S. Mail: P.O. Box 11355, Pleasanton, CA 94588